Arguments in favour of homosexuality
- Simply because a sexual union cannot result in children, it is not right to forbid any action that is a physical expression of genuine love.
- Homosexuals are simply following their natural instincts. This is how God created them, so they should not be condemned.
- There is evidence of homosexual activity throughout the animal kingdom.
- There are many laws in the Bible that would not be accepted now because the nature of society has changed, eg capital punishment and slavery. We should not be restricted by ancient standards.
- Some people believe that St Paul’s comments were about male prostitutes, not homosexuality in general.